Last updated: October 13, 2022.
By reading and using the Rachel’s Ruminations website (https://rachelsruminations.com) you agree to the terms listed below:
- Jane Rachel Heller of Rachel’s Ruminations is the owner of all intellectual property published on this site, including written work, photography, video, and design unless otherwise noted. This work is protected by copyright law and may not be copied, published, reproduced, manipulated, or modified for any purpose, including commercial, without explicit written consent.
- The material provided on this website is for the purposes of inspiration and entertainment. It is not a substitute for qualified legal, medical, or professional advice. We accept no responsibility or liability for any damages or losses resulting from relying on the content.
- We respect your privacy.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and your personal data.
- We are committed to making sure your data is held securely and for no longer than necessary.
- We are committed to collecting the minimal amount of data that is necessary for the efficient operation of Rachel’s Ruminations website.
- Data includes, but is not limited to, the information provided in contact forms and IP address information as collected by our analytics providers.
- Rachel’s Ruminations uses Google Analytics to better understand what people look at on our website. IP addresses, in and of themselves, do not allow us in any way to identify you as an individual, but we still treat the information as personal data which we respect and safeguard.
- The data stored on our Google Analytics account will be automatically set to delete every 26 months.
- All online inquiries which require no further follow-up, communication, or analysis will be deleted every 24 months.
- We take all reasonable measures to protect the security of Rachel’s Ruminations and, by extension, your personal data. This includes using strong passwords and log-in systems.
- All contracts with staff and service providers include a Data Protection Agreement as necessary.
- We will not sell our clients’ personal information or contact information to any other company.
- We will not place our clients’ information on spam lists.
- You have the right to obtain confirmation from us about how information is being used and held.
- You have the right to request personal data to be deleted and to end subscriptions.
- We will notify our readers of any security breaches of their personal data within 72 hours of such a breach.
- We aspire to comply to the fullest extent possible with applicable data protection regulations, particularly the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). That includes using GDPR-compliant partners for analytics, newsletter services, and affiliate sales.
What are cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser ‘Help’ for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of Rachel’s Ruminations and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site.
- Email newsletter-related cookies: Rachel’s Ruminations may offer a newsletter, email subscription, and waitlist services. Cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/ unsubscribed users.
- Form-related cookies: When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages, comment forms, online shops, or courses, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preference cookies: To provide you with a great experience on Rachel’s Ruminations we may provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we may set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that would be affected by them.
- Rachel’s Ruminations reserves the right to use Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track how long you spend on the site and the pages you visit so we can continue producing engaging content.
- Other third-party analytics may be used to track and measure the usage of Rachel’s Ruminations so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- We use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the following social media sites, which may include, but not be limited to, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, may set cookies through Rachel’s Ruminations which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes. This should be researched in the respective privacy policies of these companies.
If you have further questions please contact us at any time.
You may return to this page at any time by clicking on the link in the footer of all of our pages.
Additional resources you might be interested in include:
- AllAboutCookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://www.networkadvertising.org/