Rachel’s Ruminations is a travel blog focused independent travel with an emphasis on historical and cultural sights/sites. I also explore other topics such as parenting, education or current issues, often from an expatriate perspective.
I am a writer, blogger and teacher-trainer living in Groningen, the Netherlands. Born and raised in the US and educated at Yale, I met my Dutch husband while I was in the Peace Corps in Malawi. Our two children are grown, so we’re entering the “empty nest” phase of our lives; we’ll console ourselves with travel!
I am available for a wide range of collaborations:
- sponsored posts
- product or service reviews
- writing for your website or magazine
- guest blog posts
- affiliate links
- participation in social media campaigns
- fam tours
- any other ways we can work together through my writing!
I am a member of the International Travel Writers Alliance.
Feel free to drop me a note by clicking here for my contact form.
To get an idea of my writing style, you can visit my portfolio at Clippings or any posts here on my website.
(as of July 12, 2017):
- Twitter followers: 6199
- Instagram followers: 620
- Facebook friends (private account): 394
- Facebook page likes (writer page): 559
- Facebook page follows (writer page): 540
- Google+ followers: 401
- LinkedIn connections: 464
- Pinterest followers: 248
- YouTube subscribers: 140 (216,864 views)
Rachel’s Ruminations’ readership is growing.
Its readers are
- loyal and engaged, as shown by the high return rate (some months as high as 80%) and frequent comments
- diverse: mostly from the US but with readers from many other countries
- both male and female
- a wide variety of ages
Domain authority: 33
Page authority: 43